7.2.16

hats

snapbacks and tattoos

snapchats and i love you's

the star football player writes poems, too

the star football player's hands shake like human's do

don't listen to me though

the star football player doesn't even know my name

and i don't even know who's on the football team

but i assume he has feelings too

under his snapbacks and maroon

when he gets caught for his snapchats or when the crowd boos

when her dad finds his texts or when Nels makes 'em look like a fool

i hate rhymes and he probably doesn't understand haiku's

maybe that's why the star football player doesn't even know my name

and why i don't know who's on the football team

because i wear hats to block the sun;

not to look cool.




5 comments:

  1. Probably one of my favorite hat pieces. You have such great control over language and your word play is fantastic.
    "
    the star football player doesn't even know my name

    and i don't even know who's on the football team"
    That's a great line

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is dope. There's something about the star football player that makes me want to read this. The star football player is a thing, he isn't a person. He's an idea.

    The part about the poems and the shaking hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... Awestruck
    honestly
    I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete